Bali: A view from an Indonesian
Coming from Indonesia, a question I get asked a lot near summer is always the same:
Where should I go in Bali?
As an Indonesian, I can tell you that Bali is not the only place you can go to.
But if it’s your first time coming and you still want to go to Bali then I’ll share my own recommendation on places to go. I won’t share hotels or restaurants, that you can review yourselves based on the area but I’ll share possible locations and things you can do.
What’s a visit to a tropical island without going to the beach? Here are my list of recommended beaches:
- Virgin/White sand beach, Karangasem. This is a hard to reach beach, you need to ride a boat or walk through the cliff. But it’s a really nice beach.
- Jimbaran. Beautiful beach with great eating place around.
- Legian. The beach to spend your lazy days.
- Seminyak. This is pretty much next to Legian, also good.
- Pandawa beach. It’s a really nice experience going here going through the cliffs.
- Lovina beach. A nice beach, not to crowded. If you take a boat ride you might be able to spot the pink dolphins around.
- Kuta. I know you heard this one a lot. That’s why it’s very crowded and it’s the dirtiest beach in the list. But if you just want to cross it off your bucket list go ahead.
One thing Bali is famous about are its serene temples. All these temples are beautiful and comes with each own experiences. Remember to obey and respect the traditional customs in the temples.
- Tana lot Temple
- Pura Besakih
- Pura Ulun Danu Beratan
- Pura Goa Lawah
- Pura Luhur Uluwatu
If you want a good time to enjoy yourself, Bali has plenty wellness locations. These are areas famous for wellness treatment. Just google up the wellness places in these areas. You’re in for a treat:
If you want to spend time in nature, go enjoy these locations.
- Rice terrace - ubud
- Monkey forest
- Batur Lake
If you’re in for a cultural trip, go visit this areas.
- Ubud art market
- Sukawati art market
- Traditional dance and cultural ceremony at Ubud palace
Feeling adventurous, you can visit these places. I added a special sections for skateparks because I’m a skater myself.
- Treetop adventure park
- Mount batur hiking
- Rafting in Gianyar
- Skate park:
- Motion skate park
- Bali bible
- Pretty poison
- Surfing at pretty much any beach
- Nusa Penida
- Padang Bai
- Secret bay
Other landmark you want to visit are below:
- Garuda Wisnu Kenyan cultural park.
- Bali bombing ground zero
- Tirta Gangga Water palace
- Ubud Water palace
- Presidential palace
If you feel like island hopping, just go to these islands:
- Nusa Penida
- Nusa Lembongan
- Nusa Ceningan
Hope that helps. Remember, it’s about your experiences. Relax and come back fresh to your normal life.